Snap reactions to NHL 13, which I finally got to try out on Thursday night.
1. The video introduction by Claude Giroux about the new skating system was hilarious. Giroux was totally disinterested, but it’s actually a really effective explanation of the revamped skating.
2. Derek Stepan scored my first goal in NHL 13. Just saying, I think he has more goals in him this season.
3. Man they nailed Stu Bickel’s style of play.
4. Chris Kreider’s 68-rating is just so, so wrong. The kid scored five playoff goals last year and EA Sports rated him like a goon, I just don’t understand. Arron Asham is a 73!
5. What lines did you start with?
Not how I expect to see them much in real life, but everyone knows the top line gets a ridiculous amount of ice time in this game.
6. Rick Nash is really fun to play with. I guess it shouldn’t come as a surprise, given that when I create myself I add on about 6 inches and 75 pounds of muscle…
7. I was pleased to see that even my virtual Blueshirts seemed willing to sacrifice their bodies to block shots.
8. The NYRangersBlog has already pointed this out, but it’s a travesty that EA Sports assigned Jeff Halpern #11.
9. Visually, I think this is the best a hockey video game has looked by a long shot.
10. Did they get rid of the ability to run over goalies? I tried to truck Brodeur and couldn’t do it!