Despite dressing a formidable group of forwards, Connecticut’s defense, goaltending, and discipline let them down in their first game of the year, dropping the opener to Bridgeport 6-4. Despite scoring the games first two goals, the Whale surrendered the next six goals, and could not catch up from there. Chris Kreider and J.T. Miller managed to notch their first AHL points with assists, and Kyle Jean notched a goal and an assist. Kris Newbury finished with two goals.
Speaking of players notching their first points, 2012 second round pick Boo Nieves notched his first point of his NCAA career with an assist on Michigan’s first goal en route to a 7-2 victory over RIT. Nieves finished with two assists.
After the jump, see the scoring lines for each prospect in action last night, including in the AHL, CHL, and NCAA.
- CT Whale
- Chris Kreider: 0 G, 1 A, -1, 2 PIM
- JT Miller: 0 G, 1 A, -1, 0 PIM
- Christian Thomas: 0 G, 0 A, -1, 0 PIM
- Andrew Yogan: 0 G, 0 A, -2, 0 PIM
- Kyle Jean: 1 G, 1 A, +1, 0 PIM
- Ryan Bourque: Did not play (injured)
- Marek Hrivik: Did not play (injured)
- Boo Nieves (Michigan Wolverines): 0 G, 2 A, +1. 0 PIM
- Brady Skjei (Minnesota Golden Gophers): 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM
- Steve Fogarty (Notre Dame Fighting Irish): 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM
- Shane McColgan (Saskatoon Blades): 1 G, 1 A, Even, 0 PIM
- Michael St. Croix (Edmonton Oil Kings): 0 G, 3 A, -1, 0 PIM
- Sam Noreau (Baie-Comeau Drakkar): 0 G, 1 A, Even, 4 PIM