The Connecticut Whale are off to a rough start to the year. After getting routed by the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, Connecticut found themselves on the losing end yesterday, falling to the St. John’s Icecaps by a score of 3-2.
Chris Kreider and JT Miller continued their strong play, notching an assist a piece, each with their second in as many games. Kris Newbury also continued his hot start, scoring the Whale’s first goal, his third of the year. It appears he and Kyle Jean –who scored again last night– are the only two Whale players who can put the puck in the net right now.
Connecticut doesn’t play again until October 19 against Norfolk.
After the jump, check out the offensive line scores for all prospects in action last night.
- AHL (L 3-2)
- Chris Kreider: 0 G, 1 A, -1, 4 PIM
- JT Miller: 0 G, 1 A, Even, 0 PIM
- Christian Thomas: 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM
- Andrew Yogan: 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM
- Kyle Jean: 1 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM
- Ryan Bourque: Did not play (injured)
- Marek Hrivik: Did not play (injured)
- Peter Ceresnak (Peterborough Petes, L 7-6, OT): 0 G, 1 A, +2, 2 PIM
- Michael St. Croix (Edmonton Oil Kings): 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM
- Shane McColgan (Saskatoon Blades): 1 G, 1 A, +1, 2 PIM