Chad Kolarik had a great game last night for the Connecticut Whale, with a goal in each period as the Whale defeated the Norfolk Admirals by a score of 5-2. Kris Newbury notched a goal and an assist and Tommy Grant added a goal in the third period to finish off the Whale scoring.
Marek Hrivik also had a big night, notching three assists. Ryan Bourque, Kelsey Tessier, and Christian Thomas also added assists. Cam Talbot made 29 saves.
The game itself was extremely physical, and tempers boiled over when ex-Ranger/Whale John Mitchell boarded Matt Gilroy, receiving a two-minute boarding penalty in the process. Brandon Segal stood up for his teammate, and dropped the gloves with Mitchell. Segal wound up with an instigator and a ten-minute misconduct.
Another altercation occurred at the end of the game, when Blake Parlett received a five minute charging major and a game misconduct. JT Miller also received a game misconduct for partaking in a secondary altercation following the charge.
- Connecticut Whale (W 5-2)
- Chris Kreider: 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM
- JT Miller: 0 G, 0 A, -2, 15 PIM
- Christian Thomas: 0 G, 1 A, -1, 0 PIM
- Marek Hrivik: 0 G, 3 A, +2, 0 PIM
- Andrew Yogan: DNP – scratched
- Kyle Jean: 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM
- Ryan Bourque: 0 G, 1 A, +1, 0 PIM
- Shane McColgan (Sakatoon Blades): DNP – injured (thanks Jess)
- Michael St. Croix (Edmonton Oil Kings, W 2-1): 0 G, 1 A, +1, 0 PIM
- Peter Ceresnak (Peterborough Petes, L 8-2): 0 G, 0 A, -1, 0 PIM
- Sam Noreau (Baie-Comeau Drakkar, L 6-5): 0 G, 0 A, -1, 0 PIM
- Calle Andersson (Färjestads BK, W 4-1): 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM
- Boo Nieves (Michigan Wolverines, L 4-1): 0 G, 0 A, -3, 0 PIM
- Steven Fogarty (Notre Dame Fighting Irish, W 5-2): 0 G, 0 A, -1, 0 PIM
- Brady Skjei (Minnesota Golden Gophers, W 3-1): 0 G, 0 A, Even, 0 PIM