- The Rangers have scored 5 goals in their last 4 games.
- Taylor Pyatt scored 3 goals in his first 4 games and none since. He is point-less in 9 straight. This was not unexpected.
- The Rangers have scored 7 power play goals as a team. James Neal has 8.
- Brian Boyle ranks 7th in the NHL with 61 hits.
- Henrik Lundqvist has a 2.28 GAA and a .918 SV%. He had a 1.97 GAA and a .930 SV% in his Vezina Trophy campaign last year.
- Rangers shooters are 3-for-13 in the shootout this season.
- After next Friday the Rangers will only have 9 more home games on the schedule out of 25 games remaining. (Via @Mike_Rappaport)
-Also via Mike Rappaport, the Rangers have scored a PPG in three of their last five games, and have killed off 21 of their last 23 penalties.
- The struggling Brad Richards has tallied 146 points in 144 March games throughout his career. (Via our own @NYR_Jugs88)
- The Rangers have 18 points in 17 games this season, which puts them on pace for 50 points. We projected it would take 53 points to make the playoffs this year.
- New York’s current pace would put the team on track for 86 points in a full 82 game season. The Blueshirts racked up 109 points last year.
- The Blueshirts had 23 points after 17 games last year.
Status of the Atlantic Division rivals
Penguins: 26 points. Next 5: @Fla, @Car, @Mon, vsTB, @Phi
Devils: 24 points. Next 5: @Wpg, @Buf, @Tor, vsTB, vsBuf
Flyers: 19 points. Next 5: vsWash, vsOtt, @NYR, vsPit, @Bos
Islanders: 17 points. Next 5: vsBos, vsTor, vsOtt, vsMon, vsNYR
Recent ex-Ranger watch
Brandon Prust - 19gp, 2g, 3a. Leads NHL with 76 penalty minutes.
John Mitchell – 16gp, 6g, 4a, +9
Brandon Dubinsky - 15gp, 1g, 7a, 39PIM. Remains out with a sprained knee.
Artem Anisimov - 15gp, 4g, 2a, -6. Injured in an ugly play last week.
Tim Erixon - 11gp, 0g, 2a, +4
Ruslan Fedotenko – 21gp, 1g, 4a
Wade Redden – 10gp, 2g, 0a, -6.
Mike Rupp – 16gp, 1g, 0a, 22PIM
Team rankings entering last night’s games
- New York is ranked 23rd in goals per game, 11th in goals against, 29th on the power play and 12th on the penalty kill.
- The Rangers have scored just 11 2nd period goals this season, 2nd-fewest in the league.
- The Rangers are tied for 18th-most in the league with 9 fighting majors this season. They led the NHL with 65 last year.