Peter Ceresnak now holds the dubious distinction of being the only Rangers prospect to miss the playoffs in his respective league. Ceresnak, a member of the OHL’s Peterborough Petes, lost their final game of the season last night to Brampton by a score of 5-2. The Petes missed the playoffs by a single point, and are one of four teams in the OHL to miss the playoffs. Ceresnak did notch an assist in the contest.
The 2011 6th round pick must be signed by the Rangers by June 1 of this year for the organization to retain his rights. As of now, it does not appear that the Rangers will sign Ceresnak, who played in 56 of Peterborough’s 68 games and contributed a scoring line of 3-9-12 and a -13 rating. The 6’3″, 202 lb defenseman is a right-handed shot, which may work in his favor. However, with a poor season and a poor WJC, Ceresnak may be on the outside looking in.
Be sure to check after the jump for the full scoring lines for the games. Also check out our Prospect Stats page for season long scoring lines.
- Jesper Fasth (HV71, OTL 5-4, Trail series 2-1): 1 G, 1 A, 0 PIM, +1
- Peter Ceresnak (Peterborough, L 5-2): 0 G, 1 A, 0 PIM, -1
- AHL (W 3-2)
- Dylan McIlrath: 0 G, 0 A, 0 PIM, +1
- Blake Parlett: 1 G, 0 A, 2 PIM, Even
- Kyle Jean: 0 G, 0 A, 0 PIM, +1
- Benn Ferriero: 0 G, 1 A, 0 PIM, +1
- Chris Kreider: 1 G, 0 A, 0 PIM, +1
- Andrew Yogan: 0 G, 0 A, 0 PIM, Even
- Christian Thomas: 0 G, 0 A, 0 PIM, -2