The CCHA Finals (Today, 2:05pm on MSG+) will have two Ranger prospects squaring off, as Boo Nieves’ (2012, 2nd) Michigan Wolverines will face Steven Fogarty’s (2011, 3rd) Notre Dame Fighting Irish. Michigan knocked off Miami of Ohio in the semi-finals, while Notre Dame took out Ohio State. Michigan needed a deep run in the CCHA tournament to qualify for the Frozen Four, and may even need to win this game to seal their bid. Both Nieves and Fogarty were held off the scoreboard in their team’s wins.
The contest will be televised, so check your local listings. The game is on Fox Sports Detroit, but it wouldn’t shock me if it’s simulcast on another channel for the east coast.
- AHL (L 5-2)
- Dylan McIlrath: 0 G, 0 A, 0 PIM, -1
- Blake Parlett: 0 G, 0 A, 0 PIM, Even
- Kyle Jean: 0 G, 0 A, 0 PIM, Even
- Ryan Bourque: 1 G, 0 A, 0 PIM, Even
- Andrew Yogan: 0 G, 0 A, 0 PIM, Even
- Christian Thomas: 0 G, 0 A, 0 PIM, Even
- Boo Nieves (Michigan, W 6-2, Advance to CCHA Finals): 0 G, 0 A, 0 PIM, Even
- Steven Fogarty (Notre Dame, W 3-1, Advance to CCHA Finals);0 G, 0 A, 0 PIM, Even
- Sam Noreau (Baie-Comeau, W 8-1, Lead series 2-0) DNP: Broken hand