The 2013 officially Rangers hit the ice for the first time this season, finishing the first day of on-ice activities of training camp. It appears that most of the work was conditioning related. Some notes, courtesy of Leslie Treff:
- Of the new comers, Anthony Duclair, Oscar Lindberg, Justin Falk, and John Moore were all impressive during the sprints. All showed balance, speed, and a good stride. Apparently Mats Zuccarello beat out Chris Kreider in a sprint as well.
- The team seemed to be very impressed with Lindberg.
- JT Miller limped off the ice with an apparent hamstring injury. He should be back tomorrow.
- Martin Biron was not at camp today, but is expected back tomorrow.
- Goaltender Scott Stajcer was not on the ice due to offseason hip surgery. This is the second hip surgery.
- Derek Stepan was obviously absent as he awaits a new contract.